To assist new Recruits in their initial days, weeks and months in UNITAF.
Supporting and encouraging; training, understanding & adherence to SOP,
assisting with game/mod setup & settings and website navigation. While doing this Buddies will strive to create a comfortable and “safe” relationship with their assigned Recruit, where; no question is too stupid, no mistake is ridiculed and no pressure is added.
- Be of Pvt rank or above.
- Have a willingness to help others, showing patience and understanding.
- To report any changes in Recruits ability, needs or lack there of to their CO.
- Recruits will be made aware of the Buddy System upon their induction.
- Recruits may request a Buddy through the CoC
- Buddies may (With Recruits permission) request a Recruit be assigned a Buddy.
- CO's may (with the permission of the Recruit) request a Buddy be assigned to a Recruit.
- CO's will, using Discord channels provided, post a request with the following information - Recruit name, play times, first language and specific needs. Eg - Rec JoeBloggs , GMT, English, Needs help setting up and using ACE and TFR.
- Buddies will, using Discord channels provided, assign themselves to Recruits based on ability to assist with a Recruits specifics needs.
- When both the Buddy and the Recruit are satisfied that no further assistance is needed, the Buddy should contact the CO of the Recruit to inform them of the change. (This is important as some needs may be stopping a Recruit from being promoted)
- If a Buddy is unable to assist an assigned Recruit, they are to request a new Buddy in the Discord channels provided.
- Buddies are to encourage and recommend appropriate FTX's for Recruits to attend and may, if desired by a Buddy, attend FTX's with Recruits.
- If where a Recruit requires assistance in an up and coming Operation, Buddies are to coordinate with the Recruit and or Field Leader to ensure you are slotted together.
- If significant problems are encountered, Buddies should report to the Recruits CO. Examples; Recruit is unable after several attempts and multiple Buddies to learn from the assistance offered, Recruit shows consistent disregard for UNITAF's General unit policies and rules.
UNISTAFF will provide, within reason and in fitting with UNITAF's overall approach, whatever resources which are requested by Buddies in order to conduct their assistance. e.g Putting up the server outside of scheduled ops.
It is the responsibility of Buddies to request these resources by contacting UNISTAFF via Discord.
This system is designed to, without being rushed, be a quick way of getting Recruits to Private status and helping them get the most out of UNITAF. Please be aware this is not designed to be a replacement for FTX's but a compliment to them.
On a personal note, I would like to give a huge thank you to those of you who have volunteered! Your efforts will not go unnoticed and you can expect, in the future, to be rewarded for the time you spend making UNITAF a place for everyone to enjoy ArmA.