- The purpose of the meeting is to inform participants and to talk about topics which are of importance to the majority of participants present. It should not replace the COC.
It is good practice for the chair to link this page in #nco-chat, in order for participants to be prepared in advance and to be able to follow the structure.
- UNISTAFF (fortnightly)
- Commanding Officer (fortnightly)
- Operational leaders with decorum
- The chair of the NCO meeting cannot be a member of UNISTAFF on a week in which UNISTAFF also holds a meeting, it should rotate ideally, but falls to the most senior person to assign the chair, it is an NCO meeting and therefore the chair should be an NCO, not an officer.
- The official part of the meeting should be done within 30 minutes
- The chair’s job is to make sure to adhere to this time constraint and takes notes. He introduces agenda items and leads the conversation.
- The participants actively support the 30 minutes time commitment by being frugal about the talking time they claim
Reminding everyone about the 30 minute goal of the meeting, so people who need to go can leave, can improve overall meeting experience.
|1||Designation of chair||The chair gets appointed||NCOs||Chair appointed|
|2||Retrospective||Any noteworthy topics from the last week||CO|
|3||Mission Feedback||Everyone shares from his point of view and echelon how they perceived the mission. 1 minute each.What went well? → What did not go well? → How could we improve? → Mission feedback.||Everyone||List of discussion topics|
|4||Perspective||What happens next week?||CO||Deadlines are clear|
|5||UNITAF Strategy||Pertinent update about the coming-along of the roadmap. Major roadblocks.||CO|
|6||Various||Any point which does not fit in the above categories and should be raised to the attention of UNISTAFF||Everyone|
|8||Personel||Any personnel related questions and concerns, which are of merit for the NCOs to be known or systemic||NCOs||If relevant to UNISTAFF: Short description on memo|
|9||SOPs||SOPs which are not followed by many members or which are not practicable in the field in the majority of cases.<br>Proposal of SOP of the week.||NCOs||Short summary on memo, including the proposal of SOP of the week.|
|10||Official part ends|
|11||Discussion||Any talking points noted by chair can be discussed||All willing||Short summary of consensus reached on memo|
|12||Chair sends memo to CO|